Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pinterest: An Online Shoppers Dream

The stigma of Pinterest when the site first gained popularity was that is was only for females.  I followed the crowd for a while on that theory before I finally when to check it out for myself.  What I found out is that, in my opinion, it is an online shoppers dream come true.   


The real beauty of Pinterest is not the obvious aspect where you store a beavy of ideas you come across while searching the web. The real beauty lies in the ability for your pins that are linked to an online store to become real-time coupons.  For example, I have a pair of shorts from Macy's pinned and when the item when on sale Pinterest notified me with this email: 



From an e-commerce perspective Pinterest is brilliant.  I can't remember how many times I have either completely forgotten where I found an item online I liked or did not want to buy the item at the current price.   It's clear that the savvy online stores understand this as they make pinning an item/image from their page very user friendly.   An example of this can be tied to my blog post from last week about Bonobos.  On there website you can simply click the Pinterest logo and move it onto one of your boards.



No comments:

Post a Comment